Before you attempt to upload your Theme you must unzip the downloaded folder. Why? The extra files it contains can cause strange issues to occur in your theme’s functionality. Only upload the inner brooklyn.zip folder and only install your theme through the WordPress admin installer located under
Appearance > Themes > Install.
- Log in to your WordPress admin area.
- Browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on Add New.
- Click Upload.
- Browse and select the theme zip file to “Upload”.
If this way to install the theme fails, we recommend to use FTP.
- Upload the files to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- Login to your WordPress admin area to change the theme.
- Check out the guide on WordPress.org here.
Now go to your Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate the theme.
You will now recognize a message appearing at the top of the dashboard, advising you to install recommended plugins. We recommend using these plugins since they are integrating theme features like shortcodes and a page builder.