Before running our website installer please make sure:
- You are running a fresh WordPress Installation
- Please deactivate all third party plugin which do not belong to the theme! Especially Coming Soon / Maintenance Mode Plugins.
- If you are on WordPress.com hosting plan, make sure the website is public during the installation process. This can be found inside the Site Settings at WordPress.com
- Visit Brooklyn > Server Health and make sure all values are green, and you are running a recent PHP Version on the Server, such as 7.2 or 7.3.
- Visit Settings > Media and make the option “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders” is activated. If it was not activated, go to “Media” and delete the Installation files already downloaded e.g.demo_*.txt / demo_*.xml
- If your site is running with SSL make sure the protocol has been added to Settings > General: WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL)
Once you installed the theme by following the Installation Instructions here you need to install all required plugins. This usually happens by using the Theme Dashboard. Again please install all plugins listed. If theme and plugins are set up you can run the demo importer simply by clicking on the preview image and wait for the confirmation, then click “Start Installation now!”. There are no further steps needed at this point, and you’ll get notified once the importer has finished its job.
Our demo importer does not import preview images we used in our demo, except images from authors who allow image bundling. But in 98% the importer swaps the images with placeholder images. If you are interested in buying images we used please get in touch with us, and we will forward you to the stock site where we bought the image license from.