For regular theme and plugin upgrades we recommend to use the following plugin : Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades. It’s a very comfortable plugin since you don’t have delete a theme or plugin in order to update it. But depending on your server configuration the update may fail, also with the help of this tool.
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
Destination folder already exists.
Theme install failed.
or: Unable to make a backup of the existing theme. Will not proceed with the upgrade.
or: Unable to initialize WP_Filesystem. Will not proceed with the upgrade.
or: Unable to remove the existing theme directory. Will not proceed with the upgrade.
- The simplest solution is to contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase your PHP max upload limit. This is a very common request and they should be able to help you out. Once the limit is increased you can re-try the upgrade.
- browse to “Appearance” > “Themes”
- activate one of the default WordPress themes.
- delete the theme you wish to upgrade
- re – install and activate the theme. No worries, all options and settings are stored inside the database.
- open your FTP client and browse to the following folder : /wp-content/themes
- now unzip the entire brooklyn.zip and upload the inner folder into the mentioned folder, this will overwrite the old theme files. After all files are uploaded the new theme version is already active